Lonita Baker joins Sam Aguiar Injury Lawyers after serving as an Assistant Jefferson County Attorney for over six years. While at the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office, she practiced in the Legislative Services Branch of the Civil Division and as a supervising prosecutor in the Criminal Division.
A lifelong Louisvillian, she graduated from Ballard High School in 1999 and attended the University of Louisville on a Porter Achiever Presidential Scholarship. After obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in psychology with minors in sociology and Pan-African studies, Lonita continued her studies at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law. In 2017, she earned a master’s degree in business administration, with distinction, from the University of Louisville College of Business.
Lonita is the current president of the Charles W. Anderson, Jr. Bar Association and serves on the National Executive Committee and Board of Governors for the National Bar Association (NBA), the nation’s oldest and largest association of African-American lawyers and judges. She also served as Chief of Communications for the NBA, under the leadership of past president Benjamin L. Crump, Esquire. Lonita is currently on the Board of Directors for the Louisville Bar Association, and she serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law.
Lonita has received several awards for her service to the legal profession, including being named a Top 40 Under 40 Attorney by the National Bar Association (2015) and The National Black Lawyers (2017) and two National Bar Association Presidential Awards.
Verdicts & Settlements
- University of Louisville
- Bachelor of Arts, psychology
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- University of Louisville College of Business
- Master of Business Administration, with distinction
Honors & Awards
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorney, 2015
- Presidential Award winner
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 100
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorney, 2017
- Charles W. Anderson, Jr. Bar Association, President
- National Bar Association
- National Executive Committee
- Board of Governors
- Former Chief of Communications
- Louisville Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- National Bar Exam (NBA), Member