Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare legal documents, such as routine pleadings, discovery, jury instructions, and affidavits.
- Maintain litigation calendar and database, and generate reports.
- Direct a team of legal assistants, maintaining multiple projects.
- Perform legal research as requested.
- Obtain and organize medical records and other documents and information relevant to litigation matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience as a litigation paralegal (experience at a personal injury firm preferred).
- Understanding of legal concepts, procedures, and terminology.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Internet/Intranet navigation.
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Knowledge of Kentucky Federal and State Court Procedures is required. Experience with ECF, Pacer and Needles is strongly preferred.