Candidate must have a passion for helping plaintiffs in need, a willingness to work long hours, and maintain a team-based approach to cases that allow for a fluid migration of the case from pre-litigation to litigation. Counsel must have a background in management, solid customer service skills, and work within the firm’s core values and brand promises.
- Candidate must have a Juris Doctorate and be licensed in Kentucky (licenses in Indiana and/or Ohio a plus).
- Must have minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the personal injury field.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Deft negotiation skills that demonstrate a record of favorable results.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Internet/Intranet navigation. Experience with ECF, Pacer and Needles is strongly preferred.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.